Monday, September 22, 2008

Bulalo, it's what's for dinner


I am currently running a temperature of 103.1 ... When I'm ailing, sometimes I need some good 'ol comfort food. If this concoction appears unfamiliar, you're not alone. This soup dish originates from the land of my birth: the Philippines. What is it, you ask? It's beef bone marrow soup and it's delicious ... Just ask that guy on the travel channel who eats "Bizarre Foods", he would concur.

Future diners of our home: Most of the food we create falls in harmony with the main stream, American, palate (with a Filipino, Indian, Mexican, Chinese, Japanese, Mediterranean, Italian flare, of course). So fear not, we won't serve you anything "scary". But, if you're looking, you know where to go.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you aren't feeling well. I hope it goes away soon! Let me know if you need anything at all. :) And I am not so sure about the Bulalo but the other stuff you talk about fixing does sound delish!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get over that sickness soon. It's terrible to be the mom and be the one sick. You're good to cook when you're sick. When I'm sick, it's whatever you can find in the cupboard. Get well!

    ReplyDelete