One of the gifts I received for our 7th Anniversary (taking place one week ago) was the novel Twilight ... I've avoided the series because I know it's popular, and I tend to shun away from things that are "popular", especially if they're popular among junior high girls. John wasn't completely aware of the preceding, he thought I would love the gift ... that fact leads to this confession: I didn't hate the book, or the series (the Mr. knows me so well). I've had a week to read all four books plus (gasp!) the leaked manuscript and I liked it!
I once read a review that likened the books to junk food: "... You don't always eat junk food, but every so often, you open up a bag of Cheetos and dig in ..." So that's it. Last week I gorged myself on Literary Junk Food and I wasn't abject to the idea; on the contrary, I welcomed it with open arms. So now, Twilight Series, take your place beside Shakespeare, Austen and Walden on my book shelf because, let's face it, I like to have junk food every so often!
So glad to see you jumped aboard the Twilight train. I too am a fan.
ReplyDeleteNot into the Twilight series, but yes I am a Literary Junk Foodie too! Can't go to the beach without a simple read.
ReplyDeleteAmor!!! I happily just found your blog - so great to see what you're up to! Yes, the "Twilight" books are such great Literary Junk Food - I think you definitely need that every so often. I've also enjoyed Lauren Weisberger's "Chasing Harry Winston" and want to get into the "Something Borrowed" books - again, total fluff, but so fun...
ReplyDeleteOh Amor, so glad you joined in with the Twilight junkies. I myself am one. I just finished the last one and loved how she wrapped it up. I have to confess, I am now re-reading Twilight and it's so fun to read it knowing why Edward gives his little looks and stares. :) So glad you liked them too!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you are here in KS! It's been so much fun getting to know you. :)
Yay! I am so glad you liked the books. I love them too. How fun!
ReplyDelete