Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Happy, It's Like This:

So it's 2 am and for some reason, I'm not asleep. Usually, what occupies these quiet moments is journal writing ... not with a key board, but with a pen and paper (I'm sure many of you remember what that's like). I've decided to try this "being open in my blog" phenomenon I've noticed while perusing the internet ... So here goes.

I've been thinking about all the things, real or imaginary, expected of me ... Maybe a few of you can relate ...

Cooking, cleaning, laundry, sweeping, driving (I told a friend that some days, I spend most of my time in the car), teaching my children, showering - myself and two others ... Do I look presentable? Am I courting my husband? Have I spent ample time with my children? Have I read to them enough? Am I enriching my mind and magnifying my talents? Have I served? Am I fulfilling the measure of my creation? ... Is my family prepared in case of an emergency? What am I going to make for dinner? ... There are others, but I won't impose too much longer.

There are so many things expected that I feel as though despair is constantly knocking at my door. Although it knocks, I find it easy to leave the door shut. I'm happy. I actually like what I'm doing. Sometimes I wonder if my life seems mundane to those looking in and I wonder if it is (what if my life is mundane and I simply don't know any better?) ... I'm pretty sure it's not. I guess I just came to the conclusion that I am happy and for some reason, it amuses me.
The Mrs. - Rock Canyon, Utah

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure all wives and/or mothers can relate! It's so good to put it down into words...and you know, you are doing what's right and when we are, the Lord will help us out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with ya, sister! Just keep on truckin' and enjoying life. Why should everything we have to do make us miserable? We'd have to do all of those things still and we'd be miserable. That makes no sense when we can be happy. :)

    ReplyDelete