Sunday, September 21, 2008

The van of his dreams

Some men lust after a sportscar, others want a truck or SUV, my man wants a van. Here it is, the van of John's dreams. Its amenities include: a stove, fridge, table, shower and fishing pole holder. He thinks it's beautiful and perfect for his ambition to "live in a van down by the river." John, if this is something that motivates you to do well in Law School, I say: Get that van! The kids and I can find someone to welcome us into their home, right? ... Any takers?

On a serious note, can you see our Chaco clad, fishing family owning one? We can ... C'mon, admit it, you think it's cool.

5 comments:

  1. It's a cool van - I've never seen one that has a pop up top :) John and Jeremy should talk - he's been wanting a van to camp out in too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad to say, I can see you in the van. Chacos and all! It combines all of John's loves-family, food and fun. No secret to the joy of living in a van down by the river!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do not want a VW bus. Yes I had a blue and white 1971 hippie van thought it would be the greatest campmoble. In the six months I owned it was in the shop for 5. The best one was when I went over the rail road tracks too fast and sheared off all the bolts that held the engine in. The only thing that was keeping the engine in place was gravity. I did not know there was even a problem until it was jacked up and the engine did not go up with the car.

    On the other hand our 1995 toyota bean just hit 185k and passed the smog check no problem.

    The bean does not have a pop top but you can get a lot of camping stuff in it.

    eric johnson

    ps this is my first response to a blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I can see you in one of those. I saw one this summer in Moab. I was camping with John, Liz and family. A couple with a small baby had one. It was very cool, but looked very cramped. I think more than three two people would be very uncomfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jon and I have been wanting a Euro Van since he told me about his grandparents who toured around the US in one. It's an old one with a stove. Of course we can only dream about getting one someday. Another road trip down highway one. VW's can be expensive to repair!!
    Denise

    ReplyDelete