
Another Family Tradition (its inception took place nearly 6 years ago): every Saturday morning of General Conference, we make waffles. Not with waffle mix, but with a good, labor intensive recipe. We gather our favorite toppings and experience gluttony as we partake of waffley goodness and prepare to listen to the words of the Prophet and other Disciples of the Lord. We have affectionately labeled this semiannual indulgence, Waffle Day.
This Saturday Morning Session was especially meaningful because of President Monson's announcement. We are grateful for the opportunity to watch General Conference and create meaningful memories with our family ... We love Waffle Day!!
*Click on the highlighted words to learn more.
Sounds like a great tradition! One the Thomasons should start....Loved Pres. Monson's announcement too! I grew up in the Philadelphia mission, so getting a temple there and in Kansas City is double excitement!
ReplyDeleteHey! I'm glad to see your blog! Looks like everyone's healthy and happy. :) I hope everything is going well for you! I'll add your blog to my links so I remember to visit.
ReplyDeleteWe have Conference Weekend Sweet Rolls as our family tradition. Gotta love those things that make a wonderful event even more memorable.
ReplyDeleteI think waffle day sounds great! In fact, I think I will make waffles for tomorrow's conference. I only like to make pancakes and waffles from a "labor intense recipe" as well. And then we like to have yummy homemade syrup with it.
ReplyDeleteYour kids are darn cute!
Those waffles look great...I think we need a food tradition too! :)
ReplyDeleteAnd I'm excited to hear the exact location of the "greater KC" area temple (wonder if it's near Independence???)!
Word on the street is the Kansas side... maybe near Lenexa...
ReplyDelete