The day after Christmas, temperatures climaxed to 68 degrees F (a record high!).
That evening, a tornado watch was issued. Before we went to bed, it was hailing.
The next morning, we awoke to freezing rain. By noon, there was an inch of snow on the ground.
The high was 33 degrees F. Gotta love this Kansas Weather!
Click on the highlighted words to learn more.
-------------------------------------------
Here are pictures of the freezing rain ...
I thought Utah weather was bad.... I think you win! It looks like you all had a great christmas. We missed you here!!!
ReplyDeleteoh and by the way...your cute elf christmas video is hilarious! Bre and I laughed!! My friend had one on her blog and I tried to do it, but my internet was having issues...other wise you would be laughing at us!!
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures - even though I'm sure the ice makes it treacherous!
ReplyDeleteI just saw the Christmas dance video & it is absolutely hysterical! Hope you're all well!
That looks really cool...but very treacherous! I wouldn't want to walk on that.
ReplyDeleteDon't you love it? Our first ice storm was really bad - but so neat to see. (and I love the free days when they cancel school!)
ReplyDeleteWow - crazy! I'm such a winter weather wimp. I don't think I could handle that freezing rain stuff. The non-freezing stuff is bad enough!
ReplyDeleteYes, you definately have to love this KS weather. It's crazy! Our first year here we had a horrible ice storm, school was canceled for two days...the tornado watches scare me, glad we were gone for that one. Fun to see your pics from Christmas. Glad you had a good one!
ReplyDelete