Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Mother may I?

B: "Mom, do you remember in Salt Lake City when I got Packer and he broke?"
Me: "Yes."
B: "Well I need a new one."
Me: "Oh well then you can use your own money to buy one."
B: "But I don't have any money."
Me: "You can do jobs around the house and work for money. You're really good at doing jobs."
B, pausing to think, then:
.....
"Well, can't you just give me some of your money from the bank?"

I was told this day would come. In the stories, they always describe the beggar as a desperate teen, not a thoughtful 5 year old.
And he does have money, he just forgets it's available.

2 comments:

  1. What a smart boy. Why would he want to work when you can just give him money? That is a priceless picture too. He's such a sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! You've got a little smartie pants!

    ReplyDelete