Friday, July 24, 2009

It's finally happened

We've entered a time warp that bridges two moments of time and merges them into one ...

We have been seriously considering and have nearly decided to get another car. We choose not to bore you with our endless reasons, but we will share this ...

First, a story. Before serving a two year mission for our church, the Mr. kept no secrets of his post mission aspirations. It was a simple goal: Forgo a few years of college, purchase a VW Westie and travel the country living off canned food and caught fish and, literally, SLEEPING IN A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER. Obviously, the preceding did not occur. He met the girl of his dreams, married, had children and is now a 2L in Law School ... But I digress ...

You're probably wondering: How does this relate? And here it is:

The other day ...

The Mrs.: If we do get a car, what should it be?
The Mr.: Well, I just found a '71 Westfalia. The dealer is 1/2 an hour away. I e-mailed the guy and it sounds really good ...
The Mrs., laughing: Whoa, whoa ... when did you do this? Are you serious?
The Mr.: I wasn't going to do anything without telling you first.
The Mrs.: Thanks. You are serious, aren't you?
The Mr.: Sort of ...

Here it is, the possible
van of this dreams. The following is the picture from the dealer's web-site.

Should we do it? Would you if the price was right? What would you pay for a dream?

10 comments:

  1. I never would have figured him as a bus kind of a guy. Everyone has their dreams. I'm so curious to see what you end up doing. Keep us posted.

    I have a bro in law that bought a bus a couple years ago...he had the same kind of a dream. The pop top thing was the clencher and he bought it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is a fun little ambition. I say if the price is really right-DO IT! Otherwise you'll always wonder ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is also the van of my dreams. Ever since I was small. There's also a guy that is probably half an hour or so away who has a "vw farm". I think he buys them and fixes them up, but he has a ton! That was when I was a teenager though, so I don't know if he still does it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought it was funny that Kristin called it a "bus" :) If you get the car and the price is right, why not? Plus it'd be perfect for your outdoorsy adventures here in Kansas/Missouri/wherever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do it, Do it Do it! I would love to laugh everytime I saw it :) You guys enjoy life so much. It's great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely do it! If the price is right then there is no way you can turn it down. That is a beauty!! Zachary would be so green with envy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a nice birthday present to us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL! Only you guys could get a van like that and be called NORMAL!! Whatever you guys do...we would still LOVE you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not gonna lie - those vans are pretty danged sweet. My friend's hubby has one, and it's a party. Plus check out that sweet pop-top! I definitely vote yes. It's the kind of van that memories are made of.

    ReplyDelete