Once a loved one passes, the task of sifting through a lifetime of belongings and memories follows. This weekend, my Mr. was a witness to this ritual. One of the items found was a journal in which these 15 words were written:
"Doug gave me a diamond today. I was so excited that I shook all over."
Those words are all Grandma wrote about her engagement ... 61 years later, this is what became of that union:
There were five ...
Then ten ...
Then twenty (not all were there):
And many more:
Of the twenty, one is my VERY favorite, here he is pictured with four others, his siblings.
When were were married, our sealer said that families grow exponentially: What starts with two, can easily become 4, four can become 8 and so forth ...Now I KNOW what he meant.


Such a cute post Amor! I wanted to do something to honor her as well, but mine can't top yours! I still kick myself for not bringing my camera! You'll have to send me the sibling picture!! We missed you there, it was fun however to see your hubby, since it's been over a year that we have seen him. Love the post!
ReplyDelete