We went to our old home this Christmas.
Since our arrival and even into our return, one question has plagued me:
Why do we feel for home?
Is it the scenery?
Is it the time of year?
Is it the desire to create embarrassing memories?
Is it the longing to enter our favorite building?
Or the longing for old traditions?
Or new ones?
Is it the longing for familiar old friends?
Or the desire to reunite with older friends?
Home is wherever my Mr., B-man and Little Miss are, but the last 18 days helped me realize one thing:
Longing for home is part of our nature and it is a gift that helps us make better choices and brings us to people we love.

Loved this update, and loved seeing all of you La Crescenta gals and the little ones too. Very nice memory making pictures. Happy New Year!
ReplyDeleteI've been doing pretty good not getting too homesick, but when you said you ran into my parents I got really jealous and realized I am far, far away from ever just running into my parents. I'm glad you got to go home over the break. We are going to try and go back for Christmas this year.
ReplyDeleteGood post. Good explanations of things we also long for occasionally. Welcome 'home' though - hope you enjoy the -30 wind chill today. No wonder you long for Utah.
ReplyDeleteVery well said.
ReplyDeleteLove the post and certain pics of a "embarrassed" one! It was blast to have you guys here! We miss you guys already!
ReplyDeleteVery well said. If you didn't have longing, then how else would you realize the importance of home...Heaven will be wonderful, won't it!
ReplyDeleteThank you for verbalizing so well the longing for home feeling.
ReplyDeleteAmor,
ReplyDeleteI am still wondering why I didn't get to talk to you when you came to visit that Sunday. Sorry. Good thing you have your blog, which I love to read! You do the most creative, fun posts. And I absolutely love your camera, it takes the best pictures. I tried to take pretty much the same picture of the temple and nativity and it looked nothing like yours. What brand is your camera?