Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Something is not right



Odd behavior abounds in a home where illness has thwarted all attempts at normalcy ... One of the options available during "open grazing" were chocolate covered donuts.  For two days, at breakfast, our children gladly consumed these round confections.  On the third day something unusual happened:


B-Man:  "Mom, I'm hungry for breakfast."
Me:  "Okay, go grab a donut."
B-Man:  "Mom, I can't eat another donut!  If I eat anymore, I'll get sick!"


It's normal when parents and 6 year olds disagree on donut consumption.  Now you tell me, how often does it happen that the parent is trying to convince the 6 year old to eat a donut?  (By the way, that morning, he ate cheerios.  Apparently, DONUTS ARE OUT and to be honest, I'm okay with that.)

1 comment:

  1. LOL! I was sick last week and one night I asked Rocky to get me a bowl of ice cream. Madeline put up a fit. She, in no uncertain terms, explained how ice cream was not good for me when I was sick! ...but she'd eat it for me...HA

    ps: now I want to go get some donuts like that!

    ReplyDelete