Saturday, March 6, 2010

Notes and Questions

B had these notes on his door the week we were all sick and stayed home from school.
That was the week he learned his sister likes to hang out in his room during the day when he's gone.
He used 2 inch wide post-it notes:


Translation:  No girls in my room AND My room boys only.  (He ran out of room to write "boys only.)
Now that he's back in school, he doesn't mind if Little Miss enters, as long as he's not getting dressed.  
We take it as a sign that things are getting back to normal.
__________________________________________________________________________________

Fact:  I volunteer in B's classroom every Friday morning.
Last Friday, this somber conversation ensued:

B's Classmate:  "Mrs. Pea, Mrs. Pea.  MRS. PEA!"
Me:  "Yes?  Yes?"
B's Classmate:  "I don't know why we're not supposed to fart in school."
Me:  "What?"
B's Classmate:  "Why aren't we supposed to fart in school?"
Me, trying to reach a reasonable answer:  "I ... don't ... know ..."
B's Classmate:  "Farts let us know when we need to go to the bathroom."
Then he walked away and I just stood there, dumbfounded and incredulous to the words I just heard.  

When B came home that day, he said:  "Mom, fart is another word for toot."
I said:  "We don't say fart, do we.  We say toot."
B:  "Okay."

B said he got it out of a book.  I think it's an etiquette book of some sort they read before I came ... Does anyone know which book it could be?
Wherever it originated, my reaction to the preceding is the same:  "Huh."

3 comments:

  1. Dang! I should've mentioned that in my etiquette lesson :)
    He's quite the little speller - nice work B!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is too funny. I feel like that in Primary a lot... sometimes there's just no answer other than "huh." By the way, love the new blog layout. How did you do it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I do not like that kind of language either!!!
    There is a book called Everybody Poops. You can get it at Once Upon a Time in Montrose. I never bought it, but my cousins thought it was funny:(
    Go on Amazon and check the above title. Maybe it will list other books that are partnered. Good luck. I never liked the potty talk, but they'll hear all kinds at school. You don't have to allow it though.

    ReplyDelete