Saturday, April 24, 2010

Life I love you

This morning I took the children to a pancake feed at our church.  Finals are a week away and so the Mr. was at school.  After eating, I sat for awhile and conversed with other women.  They were older than me and their children are older than mine.  I don't remember everything we talked about, but I remember one line:  "... Most nights every one is going separate directions, so we only have about 1 family dinner each week."

I thought about my teenage years and yes, we were so busy, we rarely sat down for dinner.  Right now, our  children are small, and at 5 or 5:30 most nights of the week, you can find the 4 of us, seated around the table.  We talk, we eat ... I think, as the years pass, our children will be so busy we may not have family dinner every night of the week, but maybe we can try for more than 1.    I don't dwell on what will happen then.  
Right now, I'm enjoying the view and I hope you do, too:

(At dinner's end)

2 comments:

  1. It starts with 9th grade and high school sports :( We also had sit down dinners every night, up until they started high school. Enjoy your time together now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pictures! Your gonna have to teach me how to take good ones!

    Family dinners are the best. I will hang on to them as long as I can, and I won't give them up without a fight :)

    ReplyDelete