Monday, April 5, 2010

Our time in Utah

Overshadowing the fun we had in Utah was the reason we were there.  If you recall, my Mr.'s Grandmother passed away and we headed to Utah for the funeral.  In a sentence:  It was beautiful.  My Mr. felt honored to play a part during the services and he did very well.  His emotions surfaced, which surprised even him.  We are grateful we could be there.  The following is a four generation picture of B-Man (or B-Baby @ 7 weeks), my Mr., his Mother and Grandmother:

  

As I said, we did other things that week.  Even though the trip felt slightly subdued, we had fun and we were able to relax ... The rest of this post is dedicated to that fun.  Read on.
__________________________________________________________________________________

Since we would be M.I.A. for Easter, my Mr.'s parents decided to host the annual Easter egg hunt a few weeks early for their grandchildren:


Hogle Zoo I spy:
 A man, on a snake, on a log
2 kids coming out of a mouth,
3 animal babies.


We spent an afternoon in downtown SLC.  We love Temple Square!
Exploring SLC was one of our favorite things to do when we lived in Utah.


We have a lot of favorite little people in SLC, unfortunately, we didn't get to see all of them.  
The following is a collage of the little people we did see:


The following two collages commemorate the last moments with Grandparents before the long drive home:



The ride home was a lot of fun, minus the moments in Wyoming when we encountered snowdrifts. 


4 comments:

  1. I *love* this blog post. It looks like the time here in SLC was well spent & well documented. I'm sorry it was a sad occasion that brought you here, but glad you got to spend some quality time with family & friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only we could have enjoyed some of spring break with you! I'm glad you were able to have fun and relax!

    I LOVE that Cream if Weber chocolate milk is your bliss :) We all love it too, and miss it. Kevin loves CoW Egg Nog the best and was glad to get it back in December!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about John's grandmother. I'm glad that you got to spend time with his family and I love seeing the picture of Jen and her little girl.

    Miss you all and thanks for sharing a little of SLC with me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amor, we really enjoyed seeing you and your wonderful children and husband. I miss just walking over to hang out for lunch. I never comment so I thought I would just say, thanks for being a great friend! You are always welcome in our home. I am glad we were able to enjoy some time with you while you were here.

    ReplyDelete