Today was HOT. So we spent most of our time indoors. We started by getting better acquainted with Harry S. Truman. He's the guy in the middle. Maybe you've heard of him ...
We had the opportunity to visit his Presidential Library and Museum in Independence, MO. I've mentioned bucket lists in previous posts ... Here's another plug: If you ever have the opportunity to visit a Presidential Library/Museum, DO IT. Harry S. Truman was a remarkable man. To learn more about him, his life and values is time well spent.
Have you heard the phrase: If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen? Harry said it. He also said this:
In the museum were a few murals, videos, an eternal flame, puzzles and games for the kids and a paperweight with a famous saying ... something about bucks. Maybe you've heard it:
I didn't take photographs of everything because there was so much.
I wish I had a copy of this poster; I'd hang it in my kitchen:
After visiting the museum, we got hungry. So we asked a few people how to get to a certain gas station that serves delicious ribs. It took a few tries, but we eventually found a local Kansas Citian who could show us the way. This method, with it's potential of chaos, is fun and adventurous, albeit, unrecommended:
On the way home, we hit some traffic. Being the sensible humans we are (sensible is relative, but just go with me on this one ...) ... Being the sensible humans we are, we decided to wait out the traffic. But not these guys ... See the cars on the ON RAMP? Let me say it again, the subject of this image in an ON RAMP. The cars on the ON RAMP were going in reverse. That's right, these smart drivers decided to pull up to the ON RAMP, shift to reverse and exit the freeway:
Today we learned about bucks, ate some ribs and saw crazy cars (er, drivers). Tomorrow will bring even more adventures and we can't wait!!


I love it! You guys have so much fun!
ReplyDelete