Thursday, August 5, 2010

All about the Mr.

After I volunteered during B's enrollment; after he went to work; after B's swimming lessons; after the kids and I went shopping; after meeting for lunch; after he studied for a big test; after wrapping presents; after dropping the kids off at a friends house; after seeing the movie Inception; after playing Blokus with friends; after lighting a candle; after singing a certain song; after eating Baked Alaska (which was artfully homemade by our Blokus playing, kid watching friends) ... we went home.  It was time to open presents because it was his birthday and there wasn't much time left in his special day ...


A homemade card, a belt and tie were his gifts ...


Mother Nature also offered a gift, the Cicada hatch (which I think is cool and he thinks is Ahh-mazing).  What you're looking at is a "shell" once containing a Cicada larvae.  The larva emerge from the ground and break free of its shell-thingy.  Afterwards, they head into the trees.  They look like giant flies and they're loud ...


Tomorrow is the day he takes the MPRE.  My collages have proven useful in more than one way (the first being the opportunity they afford me to inundate you with our photographs).  They are also useful in producing passport photographs.  Apparently, 2x2 pictures are necessary for this type of test.  Can you guess which one he used?  I wanted him to use the top-right image, but he doesn't think his Zoolander pose is worthy for a test created to measure his knowledge and understanding of professional lawyering conduct.


I love this guy!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy (now belated) birthday to John! I bet he did just great on the MPRE too. I remember Jeremy used his passport photo as well...a boring smile-less photo to be used who knows how :)

    ReplyDelete