These pictures make me laugh. It's like B's trying to stay disinterested in Little Miss' choice for a bedtime story - I should ask him what he was thinking. (In all honesty, reading about all the things "Pooh" does in a 24 hour period no longer holds the same excitement for me. This particular story seems like a distasteful joke - the kind Jr. High kids tell - because the author very rarely calls Winnie the Pooh by his proper name. Instead, Winnie the Pooh's name is shortened. I'm sorry if my reaction offends anyone, but that's what it's like for me - I think it's the same for the Mr. because he was trying not to laugh while reading it. This book cracks us up! What I'm trying to say is this: Like B, I tend to gravitate away from this book. It's for a completely different reason, but I understand his disinterest.)
Eventually, I think B decided reading a book his "baby sister" chose isn't so bad.
In contrast, when we read scriptures or scripture stories, he is completely engrossed. Of this we can't complain. As for Little Miss, what captures her attention are books about Winnie the Pooh and Pinkalicious - she's usually doing "flips" on the floor or wandering around the room when we read scriptures.
Every so often, she makes her way back to listen and point to the scripture story pictures. We don't worry about her wandering because we're sure the scriptures will grow on her as they have on her brother. We've had glimpses of it already ...
** In case you were wondering, we read actual scriptures, too.**


Your kids are so stinking cute!!! Love the pics! Oh and way to go on the scripture reading!!!
ReplyDeleteI like Brayden slowly making it toward the story. What a funny kid!
ReplyDelete