Sunday, September 5, 2010

A Real Antique

Fact:  Our townhome is undergoing some remodeling.  The crew cleans up after each work day.  They don't always pick EVERYTHING up.  Knowing that ... 

B:  "Mom!  Mom!  Come look, I found something!"
Me:  "Okay, okay, I'm coming."
B:  "It's rusty and looks really old, it must be from the 1970's!"
Me, thinking:  "If that's really old, I'm glad I was born in the 1980's.  Poor Daddy."
Me, speaking:  "That's ... great ..."

A re-enactment.  We couldn't find the "antique" the day after the initial find.  Someone probably cleaned up.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure B meant to say the
    1870s :) although, if it came from your building, 1970 is probably right on! Hope you're surviving the remodel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha Ha! I love it! We really are old huh :( I don't feel like it though.
    Thanks for your comment. It's sad to leave friends, but I'm glad to have met new ones like you, thanks for being so great!
    I hope B is doing better. That's too bad he got sick, poor kid! Let me know if you need anything!

    ReplyDelete