Today, I went on a field trip with B's class. When the buses arrived ...
We separated into groups and took some silly pictures (okay, so just my group and B's good friend).
Next we toured the barn/store, the group got to see a conveyor belt/apple sorter at work.
The tour included a chance to stand in the freezer ...
As we left, we were given a taste of apple cider slushes (delightful - they make their own cider) ... One of the boys suggested they offer a toast.
Boy: "Hey! We should toast!"
Other boys: "Okay!"
All boys involved and a few girls, touching their glasses together and simultaneously yelling: "Toast!"
When we left the barn/store, we headed over to the pumpkin patch. I can honestly say I'd never done that - i.e. picked a pumpkin out of a farm patch (don't judge). When we found the "perfect" pumpkins, B and I photographed each other. I was a little more enthusiastic.
Me: "B, say pumpkin!!"
B, sullenly (think Eeyore): "Okay ... puumpkiin."
My picture was taken after B's and his "moment" had faded by then. Puumpkiin ...
After 20 minutes, or so, in the patch, we headed over for a hayrack ride. (The coolest part of the ride? I found a new variety of apple I want to try - the color of its skin is a deep, deep purple, almost black ... I tried to take a picture. The orchard owners are going to harvest them next week ... I'm excited!)
Before returning to school, we took the obligatory class picture.
The fieldtrip was fun. B's smile after he boarded the bus sums up this excursion quite nicely ...




Awesome! You're such a good mom. And now you can cross "pumpkin picking" off your bucket list (finally! sheesh!) :)
ReplyDeleteOh man! You were close enough you should have come up for a bbq. Oh wait - it was the middle of the day. Oh yes, we also sold our house. You made me a little nostalgic seeing Reese's. Oh the number of times we drove past that old farm. Did you have some cider donuts? I like the Eeyore comment too. I actually said 'pumpkin' out loud so I could hear what B sounded like! ha!
ReplyDeleteapparently I didn't drive past it enough times to see how it was spelled. Crazy old Maurice.
ReplyDeleteI love the toast. Hysterical. We miss you guys a ton! Brenda talks about you all daily.
ReplyDeleteI like reading your blog when my guy is in it. It makes me think that I'm caught up on my blog :) That was a fun trip, we should go there on Saturday and give the doughnuts a try!
ReplyDelete