When B's reading group arrived at my station, he came up and gave me a kiss on the cheek. After, he announced, "It's okay for me to kiss my mom, 'cause she's my mom." (I like that, especially because I'm quite certain the time will come when he will cringe at the sight of me. I.E. Normal teenage stuff.) Back to the story at hand ... He took his seat on the rug and a few seconds later ...
The girl sitting next to him kissed him on the cheek! Ahh!
Afterward, she came up to me and whispered, "I just kissed your son."
Me: "I know."
I honestly didn't know what to say. Inside I was cracking up - I also made a mental note to talk to B about it at dinner. Before leaving the classroom, I talked to his teacher and she said she'd keep an eye out for any other funny behavior.
So tonight at dinner, I asked B about what happened.
Me: "Hey, I noticed someone kissed you on the cheek today."
B, surprised: "They did? Who?"
Me, relieved and thinking: He's such a boy.
Me, talking: "You know, I just wanted to let you know that kissing, even on the cheek isn't something you should do with friends. Don't let girls kiss you. Don't let anyone kiss you. Okay?"
B: "I know, Mom."
Me, thinking: That was easy.
I guess it's not such a big deal if HE DIDN'T EVEN NOTICE! In my eyes, this is the B I see:
Maybe a 6 year old girl sees something like this:
![]() |
| Kindergarten |
At least he didn't notice ... Stay clueless, B, stay clueless - at least when it comes to girls.

ha! Yeah - you better watch out. He's a babe, the girls will be/are after him for sure!
ReplyDeleteI would have had a hard time keeping a straight face! He is a cutie - good for you for following up with a dinner conversation. :)
ReplyDeleteHe might not be able to kiss and tell, but you should! I'm going to have to know the identity of the kisser :) I love his cluelessness, that's the best part of the whole story!!
ReplyDeleteHaha, I love the clueless part too! So cute!
ReplyDeleteOh man...at least he seriously didn't notice.
ReplyDeleteI love this story. I already worry (probably too much) about this kind of thing in the future. Great post!
ReplyDelete