B's had some interesting experiences with the girls in his class.
First, one of them kissed him on the cheek. Luckily he didn't notice. He's smart, but clueless about what girls, even 6 year old girls, are capable of. Ha, ha.
The other week, he came home and asked if he could have a sleepover with one of the girls - not the kisser. It was her idea and she invited him. WHAT?! So now there's a new house rule: No sleepovers, unless we KNOW the parents and think they're nice AND definitely, most definitely, NO SLEEPOVERS WITH GIRLS, EVER. He nodded his head ... I don't think he cared, much.
The other day, he came home with a ring a girl gave him - not Ms. Kiss OR Miss Sleepover. The Mr. thinks he should return it; I'm hoping it was harmless. B said it means they're the best of friends. After talking to B about another house rule: We don't accept toys kids give us at school because we don't know if their Mom's say it's okay and we definitely don't accept rings from girls (we'll probably add a few other things we don't accept from girls, but those situations haven't come up) ... So after relating this house rule B looks at me with an exasperated look and says:
"Mom, I miss Nick. It's so much easier when I can play with him."
Hey B, Mom and Dad miss Nick, too. Today is the first day of Christmas Break (the school district calls it "Winter Break) and I hope a few weeks off will bring the girls a new perspective called: leave my son alone!

That's what you get for having such a sweet and handsome boy! It's only going to get worse, I'm afraid.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, is that I will have to deal with, when my boys are B's age? Too funny!
ReplyDeleteOh man, all that in 1st grade?! Ugh! We've had only one minor issue with a boy in Maddie's class (he calls her his girlfriend and she doesn't like it, plus she clobbered him over the head with her lunchbag). Hope he gets to spend lots of time with Nick!!! :) great post.
ReplyDeleteWe have discussed the same issues with our 1st grader this very week (toys and sleepovers). No kissing that I'm aware of though.
ReplyDeletehaha! ladies man! we haven't had to have too many girl talks yet, but third grade has brought us a 'you don't take personal possessions, including money, to school to trade for pokemon cards' talk.
ReplyDeleteHey B, Nick misses you too!
ReplyDelete