Wednesday, December 29, 2010

We were a little drowsy

Let me rephrase, the kids were wide awake, but the parents were a little drowsy.  So these pictures, taken through the lens of my camera, were what the Mr. and I were experiencing as our children came down the stairs on Christmas morning.  Did I intend capture an image out of focus?  No.  Of course I wanted a crisp image.  So my intentions didn't match up to the results.  We could have had the kids march back up stairs and feign their excitement, but that morning, crispness wasn't important.  I figured the image represented the state of the parents ... At least we remembered the camera.  Ha, ha.


After a few camera adjustments, the wrapping paper carnage began.  
I'll spare you the details and let the images speak for us.  


After an quick cleanup of the wrapping paper casualties, we observed a tradition adopted from the Mr.'s family:  Christmas omelets.  Mmm ...


We spent the rest of the day playing with our toys and napping.  After dinner with friends we returned home ready for our last Christmastime devotional.  Our Christmas was quiet, relaxing, peaceful and fulfilling.

4 days have passed since that special day and I think of the whole season with fondness.  Last night, we carefully took down our Christmas decorations.  The kids think it was too soon, but I think the timing gives us more time to anticipate what next year's Christmas season has to offer.  I'm already excited.  

No comments:

Post a Comment