Saturday, July 9, 2011

Girls Camp

Today, the high temperature was 102.  The heat index reached 118.  A substantial pile of camping stuff is sitting in our van.  My living room is home to a smaller one ... 


For the past two days, my mother-in-law (she is visiting from out of state) spent time making 72 neck buddies for people she didn't know. 


The temperatures for the rest of the week aren't going to fluctuate more than a degree or two and yet ... and yet I, along with about 150 girls and women, am going camping.  IN TENTS.  OUTSIDE.  IN.  THE.  HEAT.  

All of this is in preparation for one thing:   Girls Camp.  I love to camp, really I do, but this year might be the most daunting camping experience I've had ... And yet, I'm going.  Why?  Because I was asked; because I want to; because I want to show my kids that service can be fun and a little daunting, too.



No comments:

Post a Comment