Monday, October 24, 2011

The Mister's Daughter

Tonight for our FHE treat, we made a batch of instant Pistachio pudding.  To me, the pudding is all right.  My favorite part is the nuts.  I end up picking out the nuts and leaving some of the pudding.  (Dear Jello-O: Add more nuts to your pudding.  Sincerely, Me.)  Where was I ...

B finished his pudding, excused himself from the table and said he was headed upstairs to brush his teeth.  I remembered his toothbrush was in the downstairs bathroom, so I told him to pick it up on the way.  Mister P went up to ready himself for bed, so it was Little Miss and I at the table.

She asked for more pudding.  I said no.  She said that was all right.  We talked about other things, but I don't remember what.  

Under her breath I hear her say ... "I scrubbed with B's toothbrush."

Me, not sure if I heard her correctly:  "Huh?"

Little Miss:  "Never mind."

Then she RAN from the table ...

Me:  "Hey, come back here!"

She walks back, eyes downcast.

I ask:  "You used B's toothbrush to scrub.  Scrub what?"

Little Miss:  "The bathroom."

Two things:  1.  I realize WHY the toothbrush was downstairs.  2.  I sprint upstairs where sure enough, B's diligently brushing his teeth.

Me:  "Stop brushing your teeth!"

B, looking at me like I'm crazy:  "Why?"

Me:  "No reason, just stop brushing with that toothbrush, throw it away and I'll get you a new one out of the closet."

B, with a shrug:  "Okay."

Seriously?!  Apparently.

I think if B knew what happened with his now discarded toothbrush, his expression would be something like this:


What a silly girl the Mister's daughter can be!  We love our little girl!

3 comments:

  1. What honesty! And cleaning habits :) ha ha ha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great story. I love that she whispered and ran. What a sweet girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sick sick sick!!! haha, that made my day!

    ReplyDelete