If I had to choose one word to describe our long weekend, it would be: RELAXING.
This is what happens when we don't shut one of the van doors all the way: The battery dies and we create another memorable beginning to our Thanksgiving.
After a delicious feast at the Haddock's (of which this post is in want of pictures), the kids were able to run around and shoot a potato gun. I stayed inside to chat and play games.
We went home with one extra kid and spent the next day putting up Christmas decorations and cutting out snowflakes. Cutting out snowflakes is one of my new favorite Christmas-y things.
Hours later, Little Miss put up the star:
And the four of us added the little details.
Our ornament collection grows each year and it's fun to talk about the memories brought on by each one.
Our ornament collection grows each year and it's fun to talk about the memories brought on by each one.
A few RELAXING days later, it was my turn to celebrate my Birthday. I blew out my 30 candles (and for the first time, I forgot to make a wish before doing so; which is a bummer because I only used one breath to accomplish the task. Maybe there's a post birthday-candle-blowing-out clause that says, if I forget, I can have a wish anyway ... Maybe, instead of using the word "forget" the phrase: "concentrating so hard at keeping children out of reach of fire" ... would be used instead.)
Angel food cake, fresh whipped cream and raspberries were the chosen birthday cake-y items.
After cake, came presents.
This year, I got the perfect gifts ...
If you need me, I can be found wrapped in my cozy blanket. I may not pay much attention to you because the book I'm reading is so good.
The end.




No comments:
Post a Comment