Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Hair

I had my hair cut the other day. I viewed the event as routine (you know, the every six to eight week cut to keep the look clean). Unfortunately, it wasn't as routine as I hoped ... it can be summed with eight words ...

Lady cutting my hair (LCMH): "Um, do you think both sides look even?"

Has your pulse rate begun to rise? If so, just think about being the person in the chair. She asked and I'm thinking ... "Honey, you're the one cutting my hair! If I knew what I was doing, I wouldn't be here!"

Me: "I think the right side is a little longer ..."
LCMH: "Hmm," eyes narrowing (like she's squinting to get a better look), "I thought you might say that ..."

I returned home and asked my husband's opinion ...

Me: "What do you think?"
Sweet Husband, answering thoughtfully: "It doesn't look ... finished."

Needless to say, on Friday I have an appointment with another Lady so she could fix my hair. To Christine of the Bosto-Hungarian Empire: I should have followed your decision not to go to _ _ _ _ _ cuts. You documented the fact that a hack job was what occurred and guess what ... you weren't their only victim.

Hair, my only relief is this: it grows. Thank goodness for that. At least this experience was good for a laugh ... To the LCMH I say: are you KIDDING me? I think I should have ran, no, sprinted for the door when you said: "Cutting hair just isn't my favorite thing." I just can't type anymore, I'm laughing too hard ...

8 comments:

  1. Oh dear...Hey, you should go to Annie. She's amazing! Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, your stylist actually said that she didn't like cutting hair?!

    Wow. That's bad!

    Never, never, NEVER go to any of those cheapy national chains. I learned that lesson the hard way when, at 13, I asked for layers (think Jennifer Aniston circa 1995) and, instead, the gal chopped of ALL of my hair and gave me a 'do that looked more like Courteney Cox (you know, after Phoebe cut her hair to look like Malcolm McDowell instead of Andie McDowell). Yeah. Bad news. Salons are the way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha ha ha ha... I'm sorry Amor but that is funny. I'm glad you're getting it fixed. I think we've all had experiences like that. Mine was with bangs once... ouch.

    Thanks for the laugh this morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha. That's why I HATE getting my hair cut. I can explain it the same way, but each person will cut it totally different. She actually said, "Cutting hair just isn't my favorite thing"? Whoa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, she did ... I felt bad she didn't enjoy her chosen profession and I didn't realize until later what that would mean for my hair (at that time, I was still relaxed - it was pre "is it even").

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is so funny! I mean not funny, more ironic... I don't feel that I am picky when it comes to hair but I've not had a GOOD first experience yet, since being in Kansas. Oh well... Hope Friday works out better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha ha, love that story!!! I hope your return to the hair salon turned out much better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL...sounds like it's a bad week for hair. (I blogged about it too.) Only mine was mostly my fault..LOL!

    Glad you got it fixed. :)

    ReplyDelete