Monday, November 10, 2008

Oneday

In another attempt to create a child able to function in this world, our most recent disciplinary/teaching tool is to take away a toy for one week. Last Monday, the Mr. took away B's tools. On Wednesday, B grew concerned over his missing "building" equipment and decided to approach the Mrs., this conversation ensued:

B: "Mom, can I have my tools back?"
Mom: "Well, you can have them in one week."
B: "Mom, can I have them back on Tuesday?"
Mom: "Huh? You do realize that if you get them back on Tuesday that means they're gone for more than one week, right?"
B, holding up two fingers: "No Mom, Twosday comes after Oneday."

4 comments:

  1. That is so cute. I love when my kids say things that I never would have thought of. You should record these cute sayings if you don't already. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's hilarious! I can totally see him saying that. :)

    Reed took the older kids to the conference center for conference on Saturday and Sadie wanted to know why she couldn't go. I explained that little kids were too, well, little. She looked at me and said, "Well, MOM, can't they make allowances for little girls?" Then I asked her what that meant...she had no idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brayden is so funny, I love that he came up with Twosday. Too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is too cute! Twosday makes sense to me, we should use it because it is shorter than saying the day after tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete