This is a conversation I overheard this morning:
........
B: "Where are you going?"
The Mr.: "I'm getting ready to go to school."
B: "But it's still dark outside."
The Mr.: "I know, but it's time."
B: "I wish you didn't have to go to school. I wish the school was closed."
The Mr.: "I do, too."
........
Daddy, the bedtime pack-mule
All day I waited for the feeling of despair and it didn't come ...
After pondering this fact, an epiphany followed: Everyone has places they have to be and places they want to be.
Maybe a key to peace is found in letting the people you love know you want to be with them even though you have to be elsewhere.
Thank you, my Mr., for telling us where you would rather be ...

I appreciate your insight. That is a good way to think about it. I have to teach school, but I am lucky I get the chance and have the ability to do so. Speaking of that, I better get back to grading papers...
ReplyDeleteYou've almost made it through the first week already!
Aw, that's sweet. What a cute family you have.
ReplyDeleteI love it! What a sweet comment, Amor! And a positive attitude! Your family picture is awesome!
ReplyDeleteYou are such a positive person. Whenever I am grumpy, I think to myself that I need to be more like you!! Love your pictures, they are so cute! One semester down, a few more to go!
ReplyDeleteLove your holiday picture/family picture. The good thing about being in school is that you still get some holidays and breaks off, like Christmas, Thanksgiving, Spring, and sometimes summer. I had such a shock some 36 years ago, when I had to enter the real work force and had to work everyday, except Sunday and the six or so real government holidays. Oh, what a sad reality.
ReplyDelete