This is one of B's favorite toys at his cousins. B didn't know who he was pretending to be, but thought the toy was fun.
Awhile back, the Mr. and Mrs. decided to wait until Brayden was older to let him watch STAR WARS; now we're not so sure.
The film's popularity among B's friends make us wonder if he'll end up watching it elsewhere, without our knowledge and that is something we DON'T want.
Question: Is 5 years old a good age to introduce this film series?
We're still leaning toward waiting, what do you think?
Five is a good age. My friends' son's 5th birthday bash was actually a Star Wars theme, with the major perk being that Simon was *finally* allowed to watch it. He'd been totally into Star Wars without ever having seen the film! Of course, he was way more into playing than he was into watching a movie that night.
ReplyDeleteAt any rate, I'm sure it varies by child, but Simon's mom, my friend Missy, is an incredible mom. I trust her judgment, and 5 was the age at which she allowed her son to watch the film, if that's any help.
I still haven't let Maddie watch The Wizard of Oz (although, my mom has tried to let her since we're now living in Kansas...to no avail, of course) because I remember having nightmares about flying monkeys when I was a girl.
ReplyDeleteWhy don't you and the Mr. give it a good "once over" after the kiddos are asleep to see if there's anything you may not like B to see/hear right now. I've had to even give "Annie" a second thought because I heard a swear word in there that I don't remember being in there from years ago...
I'm curious to know how this question is answered. Parenting is awfully full of questions :)
And for two more cents - Jeremy thinks 5 is OK for Star Wars...
ReplyDeleteMy kids have seen it. I think 5 is ok. It's not like some of the other series. I agree with Dahlia, watch it before you watch it with them and see how you feel. I've been surprised at some movies I remember as a kid and we sit down to watch and then am shocked at some of things in it. Good Luck!
ReplyDeletei think it is a good age. we let ashton watch them.
ReplyDeleteBlake is totally into star wars, however, I had never seen it, so we all watched it as a family(all 6, over time:)) and skipped some parts that seemed a little too violent. It was interesting. I still dont get the hype, but I guess imagination is ok:) I'm just lacking in that department I guess. Good luck making the decision:)
ReplyDelete