Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Hollywood Blvd.

I was B's age the last I visited.
It never was a hangout, though I don't know why ... I grew up minutes away from the place. Oh well ...
This trip we strolled down Hollywood Blvd ... the day after the Oscars (That is the name for the Academy Awards, right?)

Norma Jean's star:

We didn't make it to Disneyland, but B did get to sit beside Mickey and Donald Duck's star.


Here is the theater and the street clean-up after the big night ...

B was outwardly bashful and internally thrilled to meet one of his favorite hero's.


A visit to Hollywood Blvd is incomplete without a visit to Grauman's Chinese Theater.
A visit to the latter is incomplete without finding and stepping into the foot and hand prints of some famous people ...




1 comment:

  1. Isn't it funny how when you grow up so close, it's not a big deal? I've been to Hollywood TONS more since moving to Orange County than I ever went while living in La Crescenta. In fact, I think the only time I went while a teen/college student was when we were home for Chanson's farewell because his friends from out of state wanted to go. It's such a tourist trap, but I love it!

    ReplyDelete