Monday, February 8, 2010

Canned food, ART?

I don't really have anything profound to say concerning art.  Just an observation, one made by many people before me ... 
I am constantly amazed by the ability people have to see beyond an objects purpose and envision something greater.  

Something like a six pack of soda (it really is "soda" it says so on one of the sides not pictured):


A favorite childhood toy:


An ever present garden gnome:


An affable, honey loving bear:


And a rendition of another's creation:


So can canned food be considered art?  Apparently so.

2 comments:

  1. Those are awesome - so glad you shared since we were right at Union Station, but never went inside...And what kind of soda has a gold budwiser crown on it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was neat. If it is real canned food, I hope it goes to the needy after the art fair. :)

    ReplyDelete