Thursday, February 11, 2010

Do you want to know a secret?


My Mr., my affectionate, talented and inexorably reticent husband, plays the alto saxophone.
With some coaxing from our B-Man ("Dad, let's have a jam session"), he acquiesced and brought it out (for the second time in our 8 years of marriage).  

Today's exposure resulted in 3 things.

#1:  The secret is out.  (Thank you World Wide Web.)


#2:  Hero worship was reinforced.


#3:  Interest was sparked ...


TWICE.


I must say:  I love this man so much already, but there is something about watching him play this instrument ... That's all.

:: Posted with permission ::

5 comments:

  1. the sax? who knew. By the way, I'm pretty sad I missed out on the tamale tutorial. Where did you learn such a useful and sought after skill?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. I'm sad you missed it, too. Because if you had been there, I could have just sat and watched you teach instead of doing it myself! (And don't worry, your name came up several times; especially when they would ask what the measurements were.) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's only had the sax out twice in 8 years?! Oh no, this has to stop...see how much the kids LOVE it! You're doing a duet (guitar/sax) for the ward talent show, right??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We must hear your jam seson via Skype!! I bet you guys are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the faces! It's like watching someone feed a baby, only this time it's holding your mouth right while someone else is playing!

    The sax should definately become part of FHE jam sessions!

    ReplyDelete