Monday, February 15, 2010

Meet the Sickies

The following is our most recent family picture:


Here are some things we've learned:
  1. Puffs Plus is incredibly soothing for one's nose.  If you do choose to get Puffs Plus with Vicks, DO inhale deeply while utilizing.  DO NOT wipe eyes (ouch!).
  2. Mucinex = Ahh ...  
  3. If you suspect Strepthroat, DO NOT wait to go to the doctor.  Like if your spouse suspects on Saturday, but you deny and don't go in till Monday ...
  4. Large pot of soup, eaten for EVERY meal, lasts 2 days.
  5. The best time to be sick is during the Olympics, President's Day and Valentine's Day, there's always something good on TV.
  6. Should you and the other provider of the family fall ill at the same time, have a lot of snack food for the kids and declare "open grazing."
  7. Sometimes being sick provides an opportunity to spend time together as a family.  Take advantage of this.  These moments are few and welcome.  We don't remember the last time we gave ourselves permission to sit around - on the same couch - and watch TV.  Sure, we could do without the coughing, exhaustion, pills, nose soreness, sore throat, pile of laundry, pile of dishes and ... overall, grossness of being ill, but really ... It's been fun to spend time together.  The Mr. and I have often said, "It's a good thing we like each other because otherwise, this would really suck."

4 comments:

  1. Yes, TV has been good to us too...Jeremy is now the last one standing in our house. YUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! I'm hoping you're all feeling better by now.

    And as much as I *love* sharing all these family experiences with you, I must say that I'm hoping not to get infected by the ick my little ones have.

    And, also, I haven't stopped by in a while, so I may be belated, but I love the new look! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you guys start feeling better soon. I THINK we are finally feeling better around here as well..I hope I just didn't jinx it! I have had some type of illness for 3 wks and now just feel better.. our kids, I have come to determine, they'll never get better..maybe Summer. I am glad Mucinex works for you guys. Scott likes it as well, but it couldn't go down my throat! I realize I"m sounding like one of our sis in law's but seriously, I tried cause I was dying, but nope it came right back up into the sink and there it stayed! You can send your kids my way anytime! :)

    ReplyDelete