Thursday, April 29, 2010

On this day

B got to go on a field trip to the Mulvane Art Lab.  This was one of B's favorite haunts before he started school and today, he let everyone who would listen know about it.  I had a blast spending time with him.

The Mr. joined us for lunch and upon his approach, one of the girls in B's class came up to me and asked:
"So that's B's dad?  Who does he get to go home with tonight?"
How do I explain marriage to a Kindergarterner who doesn't understand there are parents in this world who stay together because they genuinely love each other?  The concept was foreign to her and I was at a loss for words ... My stomach hurt just a little bit when I thought about her ... 

I have added a collage, but if you want to know more, B's teacher has it on her blog.  (She really does a good job with updates.)  In the bottom right of this collage is an image of B-Man, right after he said, "No more pictures, Mom!"  I don't feel too bad.  After all, isn't "bugging your kids" one of the perks of parenthood?  (Insert sinister laugh, here.)


After school and dinner, we played basketball.  We've frequented the court a lot since the weather has warmed.  I just haven't mentioned it because I didn't have any pictures (if you haven't guessed, I'm a visual person and though I love and appreciate words, I think pictures best illustrate my ideas).

There is a lot going on in this collage ... B's getting really good at shooting hoops and Little Miss thinks pictures with Mom equates to pushing her head against mine.  I don't mind.  I relish her desire to be near me.


Little Miss has really enjoyed shooting hoops, with a little help from her Daddy.  She loves playing like a big kid and has commandeered the other ball.  If anyone, especially the Mr., so much as touches it, she throws a fit.  She's so entertaining.


And that's what we did on this day!

1 comment:

  1. Ack! They're all getting so big! Hope to see you next time you head out this direction. Hope the end of school is going well for all of you!

    ReplyDelete