Walk down Olvero Street. My mom bought a $3 leather coin purse and the rest of us bought candy for less than a $1. Two things of note this trip. First, Telemundo was there, interviewing passersby. Second, and more shocking, they're thinking about shutting down the street. I got teary eyed when the shopkeeper told me that news. I think shutting down Olvero Street would be tragic ... Experience Olvero Street:
Visit the oldest home in Los Angeles:
Eat at Philippe's. Originator of the now famous French Dip Sandwich. (We didn't eat here today, but I've eaten there a lot and it's good. Yummy!)
Stroll through Chinatown while drinking boba:
Experience Saigon Plaza. (AKA, the maze of shop stands people reference when they say, "I found a good deal in Chinatown.")
DASH around downtown for 25 cents:
Get off the DASH and find a Pi on the steps of the LA County Library:
Read a children's book in the Children's Wing of the Library (I read a Star Wars book to B-Man while Little Miss looked at books with her Daddy), then stand in awe at the frescoes, mosaic tile and Spanish influenced architecture.
Find some cool chandeliers, one with a globe in the center and another 3 with stuff - a lot of it - on the top @ the Library:
Go to Union Station, pose for the camera outside:
And inside as well, sit in the Leather seats and imagine you're waiting to go on a train:
Then top your day off with an excuse to dress up and be with people you love. We chose the Los Angeles Temple. It made the end of our day perfect because of the peace we felt within its walls:
The greatest part of the last two days is this: these activities are perfect for a family on a limited budget. We didn't have to think about money, we just thought about experiencing and exploring the culture within the Downtown Los Angeles area. The past two days could not have been better!









Ahh, you're making me soooo homesick with all of these posts!! I hope we have enough time to do some of these fun things when we visit in December.
ReplyDelete