Thursday, June 17, 2010

Parenting and Ice Cream

While eating lunch at El Pollo Loco (aka. place with the best grilled chicken ever), B noticed the dessert menu ... 

B:  "Mom, can we have ice cream?"
Me:  "Dad and I will have to talk about it."
B:  "When I'm a dad and my kids ask for ice cream, I'm always going to say yes."
Me and the Mr.:  "Uh-huh ... sure."

So later, when my Dad gave Little Miss ice cream before dinner, or rather, in place of dinner (because "it was what she wanted"), I was thinking ... "When my kids are parents, and their kids ask for ice cream, I'm always going to say yes."

3 comments:

  1. He's so whitty and funny!

    Also, you have no idea how jealous I am. I love El Pollo Loco!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why are we always the bad guys? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. we ate there SO much while vacationing in Cali!

    ReplyDelete