Tonight at dinner, Little Miss willingly ate 3 bites of spinach salad. No, she has not come to a sudden realization that vegetables aren't poison. No, we did not hide it in her food. No, the salad wasn't laced with sugar or covered with crackers. The reason for her willing consumption is simple. We turned the spinach pink. Altering the color of spinach from green to pink isn't as difficult as one would think ... In reality, it's evidently impossible to do, but not that difficult to sell to say ... a two year old. No, we didn't use food coloring to make ranch dressing pink (though the thought is somewhat tempting, but ... GROSS!). We sprinkled the spinach with this:
Conclusion: Her affinity for pink overrides her disdain for all things green and leafy (at least it did earlier this evening or "prevening".)

I love her! And I miss you!!!!!
ReplyDeleteToo bad pink salad dressing only helps salad greens! I love the way kids' minds work :) It sure makes for lots of laughs.