Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Through Roger Rabbit's Tunnel

There is a tunnel scene in the movie Who Framed Roger Rabbit and this is where that scene was filmed: 


The tunnel leads to the Griffith Park Observatory:


On one side of the Observatory, you can see this sign:


On the other, a birdseye view of downtown Los Angeles:


When I was in highschool, my friends and I came here to watch laser shows and hang out - we did it a lot. 
I love coming here and I was excited to show my own family one of my favorite haunts:


We didn't watch any shows because it was Sunday ... but we did tour the inside of the observatory. 
We learned a little about the universe and admired the painted ceiling:


In the newly remodeled basement museum, we learned what Einstein was really pointing at:


We also learned that marble floors and benches can cause a wicked goose-egg.  Poor little guy:


Luckily, we have an emergency kit in our car replete with a disposable cold pack and tylenol.  We hope our B-Man has good memories of the Observatory and not just that it made him, in his words:  "An egg head."  To which I replied, after smiling to myself:  "You have a goose egg, you are not an egg head."

1 comment:

  1. i used to live right across the street from griffith park when i was really small.

    ReplyDelete