Tuesday, July 13, 2010

An Eclipse isn't always a beautiful sight

The beauty of having family in town is the ability to spend time with my Mr.  Alone.  That's right, a date.

So tonight, we went to play Skee Ball (which, if you haven't heard, is one of my loves) ... After skee ball we went to watch a movie.  We chose to watch Eclipse.  The reviews for it were decent and we tried to keep an open mind, but in the end, we decided it was bad.  Really, really bad.  Embarrassingly bad.  Throughout the movie, the Mr. and I exchanged glances and eye rolls (we're pretty good at that).  As the preceding was happening, I started to wonder: is this movie bad because I'm watching it with my husband instead of my friends or is it bad because that's what it is, BAD?

So, my dear lady friends ... what's your consensus?

When I had gone on opening night with my girlfriends (to see the first two installments), I thought they were cheesy, but not that bad.  This time ... I thought I was watching a comedy because parts of it were so laughable.  Maybe what was missing were the hordes of girls screaming each time Jacob took off his shirt or Edward smiled (I missed those girls because of the entertainment and amusement they added to the experience.  Trust me, seeing it with them is an experience).  Whatever the case, I think I've found a cure for Twilight fever (this post is not a confession, because I'm certain the illness never plagued me) ... The cure for Twilight fever is simple: go see the movie with a guy.  Trust me, it works.

4 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more, lol. I've tried watching the first two movies with Brandon and we've never made it more than thirty minutes because he starts rolling his eyes, and then I do too :). Watching it with a girlfriend is so much better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watching it with girls doesn't make the acting any better - just maybe more bearable. Those actors are the worst ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't seen Eclipse yet but I expect the same.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVED Eclipse, best one yet! Maybe it was because you went with Pearce. They tend to make comments and make the movie seem worse than it is.. at least with mine and Heidi's hubbies. That is why we go see these movies together with screaming girls, BUT without our hubbies

    ReplyDelete