Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Phone Etiquette

(Easter 2010)

My phone etiquette could use some improvement.  Nearly every time I'm on the phone, I feel that way.  Do you ever feel that way?  Regardless of my feelings and opinions I think, overall, my manners while using the aforementioned electronic device adhere to conventional mores (i.e. I can do better, but I'm doing all right).  Tonight, the following conversation ensued:

Me, answering the phone:  "Hello?"
Phone Solicitor (PS):  "Yes, is the lady of the house available?"
Me:  "This is she."
PAUSE ...
PS:  "Okay, I don't need to leave a message, I'll just call back at a later time."

At this point, I'm thinking:  Should I tell the PS it's me or should I take my out?

Me, smiling:  "Okay.  Bye ..."

The Mr. and I were both perplexed ... Considering I've taken the time to blog about it, I guess I'm still perplexed:  huh.  

2 comments:

  1. I love it! The intelligence level is astounding. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hate the phone. You can never hear anyone. I bet that ps didn't understand what you said. Because it's the phone. i hate the phone.

    ReplyDelete