Wednesday, March 2, 2011

It's a new year and another title needs to be awarded.

Here is a picture I received in a text from B's teacher.  There's a really good story to go with it.  I'm sure it'll be funny someday, but right now, I'm not laughing ...   


I am, once again, Mother of the Year.  I won that title last year and you can read about it here.  Last year, I won the title because I took a nap with Little Miss and didn't wake up until long after it was time to get B from school ("long after" = 30 minutes).  Well guess what, I did it again.  This time, rather than get a hold of my Mr., the school got a hold of my friend.  Fortunately, she was willing to pick B up from school and take him home.

I have good friends who are willing to offer words of comfort and tell me "stuff like this just happens."  Here's what I think ... Stuff like this does happen.  TRUE.  BUT, the first time is understandable, even laughable.  The second time just makes a person look like an idiot.

Today, I will be bringing Sonic drinks and other goodies to the school secretary and B's teacher as recompense for my irresponsible flub.  If one good thing has come from being involved in B's school, it's this:  At least they know me.  So, when my car battery dies in the pick up line at school:


And the cars have to maneuver around two cars to pick up their kids ... 


I may look like an irresponsible mother and feel like that and worse, but at least they know I'm not like that ALL the time and realize I'm just having a bad day.  I hope yesterday didn't change any of that.  I also hope the secretary has a really bad memory and doesn't have a sense of deja vous from what happened on January 28th of 2010.  I hope.  I really hope.

3 comments:

  1. Oh no! I know they understand - things happen even if we try our hardest to be organized & on the ball. You deserve a real "Mother of the Year" award Amor - you're such a great, caring mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amor, you are a fantastic mom. Seriously. And I am sure, from my teaching experience, that the secretaries and teachers do not think less of you at all. at all. I'm sure they could tell you some awesome stories about what some really bad parents act like. You are not one of them. You are awesome and B is lucky to have you as a mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. No really, I just forgot to take him with me :)

    ReplyDelete