The last time I felt really good about B-Man beginning a school year was when he started first grade. Why, you say? I'm glad you asked:
We felt absolutely certain we were where we were supposed to be three years ago when B started first grade. Since then, we've experienced many moves, uncertainty, unemployment, underemployment, a school with a bully, and school transfers. It's taken nearly three years, but we're finally getting our life to a new normal. It feels great!
So now, it's time to begin a new year, at a new school, with a new backpack, and a pair of Nike high-tops (yes, high-tops have made a comeback, and yes, I struggled when deciding whether or not we should pay for the extra two inches of shoe material). B, and the rest of us are apprehensive, but we're also eager to begin and hope he finds good friends.
I miss him already. He is the best fourth grader I know.
It's so weird to me he's in fourth grade. I remember sitting at your house talking about his school. I hope his year goes great!
ReplyDelete