Wednesday, May 27, 2009

a unified group of 34,000

I grew up going to Dodger games, it's always surprised me how 9 gloved men, in uniform, who occasionally pat each other's bottoms in a way I would never feel comfortable doing to another woman ... where was I? ... oh yeah, I'm just amazed at the affect they have on grown adults and children alike, having no regard for race or background. Unity. Unity stemming from a desire to win (and for some the belief that they really are part of the game). It didn't happen the day we went, but someday we'll be around when it does and we'll probably decide to stand with the rest of the grown adults in blue and euphorically scream:

Go Royals!

The Mr. has been to one other MLB game.
Baseball was his first love - we're talking about a timeline, not a priority line - it's always fun to see him so excited.
Even though he would miss an inning or so, he went to get us food - he's always the gentleman!

What's a game without peanut shells scattered beneath our feet?

We suspect these 3 as the culprits. Just call it a hunch.


Our friends got us the tickets and invited us to join them. Thanks friends!

Our family plans to go again when Greinke pitches. Does anyone want to join us?

2 comments:

  1. We're definitely up for it. Let me know when it's on a Monday and Josh can get us free tickets again. :)

    ReplyDelete