Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Napoleon?

Many stories begin with a preface.  This one does, too.

Yesterday, I took the kids to Mc Donald's for dinner.  It was fundraiser night for B's elementary school and I thought we should support at least one of these nights.  Only three of us went because the Mr. was at the doctor, getting tested for Strep throat (didn't he just finish a round of antibiotics for that less than a week ago?  Yes.  Why does he have it again?  If you find the answer, please comment.)

Back to the story ...

Little Miss had two more chicken nuggets.  She wanted to hold them in her hands and I waited until she was done or at least until I thought she had finished.  We then went to the counter to purchase a milkshake for the Mr.  Out of the corner of my eye I see ...

Little Miss pulling a nugget out of her coat pocket and start munching.  

What do I do?  I watch her and simultaneously think:  "Come on, give me some of your tots ... No, I'm freakin' starving! I didn't get to eat anything today."

Unfortunately, I didn't have a camera to capture her feasting.  To compensate, here's a tacky family picture we considered sending out for Christmas that looks like it belongs to the "Napoleon Dynamite" era ...

Now be honest, do you blame us for keeping this photo to ourselves for as long as we did??

5 comments:

  1. Her food-stashing can only come in handy down the road. I don't see anything wrong with it. :)

    Sorry that J's sick again. Holy cow. What a time you've had.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jacob did the same thing. Except he did it with tater tots. We thought the same thing you did too. Such Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smart girl ;) And I LOVE the photo - you really picked out some winners with those sweaters. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Somehow those sweaters make you guys so happy. Why hide the joy?

    ReplyDelete